Head of PR & Communications for Keepit
On behalf of Keepit we are looking for an ambitious Head of PR & Communications to join the Global Brand & Marketing team in Copenhagen. You will be part of a fast-growing organization and be responsible for defining the PR & Communications strategy –as well as bringing it to life.
Keepit helps companies around the world protect and manage their cloud-based data. They are a fast-growing software scale-up company with 25 years of experience in data protection. Their team is academically and culturally diverse – more than thirty different nationalities are working together across four regions worldwide to promote trust and security in a world transforming towards new levels of digitalization. In 2020, Keepit raised $30 million in funding to fuel growth and to position Keepit as the category leader in the back-up-as-a-Service market. Keepit covers a broad client base of major corporations and institutions across sectors and industries.
Keepit is growing fast as a company and is set on using momentum to bring their SaaS backup products to a global audience. They understand that their future growth as a company relies profoundly on their ability to build and promote a trusted brand.
As Head of PR & Communications, you will be responsible for defining and implementing the new PR and communications strategy and oversee all efforts. You will ensure that all PR & communication activities serve Keepit’s overall business strategy, mission, and objectives.
In this position you own the global PR strategy and implement it across Keepit’s four market regions. In close cooperation with existing and future local PR agencies you will oversee and lead Keepit’s PR efforts and ensure to build the relevant PR relationships, partnerships & collaborations.
Next to PR, you will own Keepit’s communication strategy and ensure that it is implemented globally. As the new Head of PR & Communications you will have the chance to leave your mark as you will build this important business area from scratch and craft Keepit’s new global narrative. You will play a crucial role in executing on Keepit’s ‘One Brand, One Voice’ strategy. Therefore, one of your first tasks, together with the Head of Brand & Creative, will be to develop a new communications playbook incorporating a Keepit styleguide, tone-of-voice, glossary.
In collaboration with the Head of Brand & Marketing, you will define your team around Keepit communication.
At Keepit they take pride in being an equal opportunity employer and recognize how being a diverse workplace strengthens their products, costumer relationships, and work culture. You will work out of the Copenhagen office, that is located on the 7th floor at Parken - the national football stadium, and you report directly to the Head of Brand & Marketing.
The ideal candidate:
- Holds a BSc/BA in communications/marketing or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- Has 7+ years of experience in communications, PR, marketing, or related fields.
- Has experience working across a range of areas such as:
- Public relations & media
- Brand strategy
- Can communicate flawlessly in English, both verbally as well as in writing
- Understands a commercial organization and the important correlation between press and sales
- Is a strong creative with excellent idea creating skills as well as having a strategic mindset
- Pays great attention to details and is well organized
- Is a passionate team player with an independent working style
- Has great communication and people skills
- Masters stakeholder management - you know how to deploy and engage a variation of stakeholders, press, partners, internal teams and customers.
Extra credit if you also have:
- Experience working with PR agency partners
- Experience with scale-up companies
- Understanding of the media that is related to IT software solutions, especially SaaS
Personally, you are result-oriented and comfortable in taking the stage, presenting your thoughts and ideas to a broad audience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and driving the global PR & Communication strategy in line with the company strategy, where a commercial mindset is a must
- Define and implement the Keepit communications playbook, tone of voice and glossary
- Drive brand awareness through oversight of PR, brand and content marketing to accelerate growth
- Strategic planning of PR and in collaboration with outside agencies
- Responsible for corporate PR communication efforts such as CEO branding, press releases and press coordination, employer branding and CSR
- Composing engaging text for PR & communication purposes and support the further development of Keepit’s TOV
Responsible for implementing efficient tools to measure effect and steer all PR efforts