Senior Product Manager
Hvis du vil vide mere om stillingen,
er du velkommen til at kontakte:
+45 29 91 10 37
Senior Product Manager til HAY
Senior Product manager for HAY
On behalf of HAY we are looking for an experienced and strategic Senior Product Manager to drive the global product strategy for HAY’s Furniture and Lighting in the contract and retail segments.
About the company
HAY was founded in 2002 as an innovative design company with the clear ambition of making modern and functional design objects accessible to a wide audience. HAY's continued vision is to create straightforward, functional and aesthetic design in collaboration with some of the world's most talented designers.
In 2018, HAY merged with the American design company Herman Miller, which is today the main shareholder. HAY currently has 250 employees in Denmark and abroad, with 31 HAY stores in Europe, Asia and the USA.
About the position
As HAY’s Senior Product Manager your responsibilities lie within identifying significant contract and retail product opportunities that are on-brand, customer focused, drive sales and profitable.
Your primary focus will be driving product opportunities from inception to delivery through an entire lifecycle, giving you accountability for increasing sales and profitability for HAY’s furniture and lighting categories. To do this successfully, you should have the ability to understand the sales, product development and design functions and protect the integrity of the HAY brand.
You will, as a strategic leader, proactively drive the business through customer insights, data and marketplace knowledge, whilst mindfully balancing the field of tension between creativity/vision and analytics/data. You will act as a link across the company, reporting directly to HAY’s Founder & Creative Director, and working closely with crossfunctional partners, particularly sales, product development and design departments.
Areas of responsibility:
- Building a product strategy for furniture and lighting, increasing sales of existing product ranges (extensions etc.) and identifying meaningful new product opportunities
- Articulating the vision and uniting stakeholders throughout the global business, product development, marketing, training and sales to ensure global teams work harmoniously to achieve agreed goals
- Negotiating with stakeholders to balance their demands and expectations
- Conducting market research, observing industry trends and competition, collecting and analysing customer feedback, defining pricing and developing a marketing strategy with the marketing team
- Close collaborations with global cross functional partners
- Creating and documenting product strategy roadmap and clearly communicating requirements to the development teams and actively engage with the product development teams, during the product development process
- Establishing and executing a clear product strategy to maximise sales and profitability
- Working with the leadership team to align product strategies with overall corporate direction
- Taking on additional responsibilities as necessary to achieve business objectives
- Analytically evaluate product success with agreed KPIs
The position will be based at HAY’s offices located in the heart of Copenhagen
The ideal candidate comes with a bachelor’s degree from a relevant academic educational background and have 5-10 years of product management experience, ideally with a specialty brand, which enables you to envision and deliver products that exceed customer’s expectations. You have strong product and brand building skills, with a successful track record of growing businesses. You have previous P&L responsibility with a proven ability to deliver measurable results.
Your accomplished people leadership skills enable you to establish clear direction in a challenging environment and bring out the best in cross-functional team relationships. You are also able to develop constructive and effective relationships with cross-functional partners, with the ability to maintain credibility and presence within the broader business. It is an advantage if you are familiar with the home and contract furnishing industry, with a strong sense of design that helps you develop a deep understanding of the HAY brand. It is important that you can demonstrate strong listening and communication skills, as well as being an excellent communicator and negotiator. Your strong decision-making ability combined with your entrepreneurial mind means you are comfortable at taking risks. Your inherent understanding of financial measures means you are skilled at evaluating financial indicators and translating data into actionable information to drive results. Lastly, you have a natural aptitude for data, analytical math acumen and assortment planning.
As a person, you are ambitious and results-oriented and willing to put in the extra effort to achieve a successful outcome and make a difference. You have a robust and outgoing personality and thrive on working in a fast-paced company with an unpretentious environment. We place great value on the collaboration across different departments and with our suppliers, and it is therefore important to us that you are a team player with good communication skills, who can contribute positively to a good collaboration. The position requires both a certain amount of flexibility and good English skills, as you should expect some days travelling in Denmark and abroad.
If you want to know more about the job, please contact Klaus Markholt-Hansen by email: email@example.com