Product Designer (UX/UI)
If you want to know more about the job
you can contact:
On behalf of Awaze (Novasol), we are looking for an experienced Product Designer (UX/UI) to join their product team of 9 in Virum, Copenhagen, where you will be working on overhauling owner facing websites and app, whilst playing a key part in their journey to disrupt the travel industry and becoming part of a product-driven environment. You will be comfortable collecting insights user research and data, while championing beautiful design and fantastic usability. The work is hybrid with flexibility to work from home.
Awaze is the European leader for holiday rentals, operating across multiple brands and high-volume websites including cottages.com, hoseasons.co.uk and novasol.com, taking more than 8 million holidaymakers away each year represented in 36 countries.
The staycation market is booming, and they understand the need to have a seamless digital journey. They have had some good results, but they know they can be better. That is why their vision is simple: to deliver the best possible digital experience by putting the customer at the heart of everything they do. They have several long-established brands with a loyal customer base, supported by significant investment from their owner, Platinum Equity.
Awaze has a modern work structure with agile product teams and design programs. You will join the company in an exciting time, where a transformation and streamlining of the brands and products is the agenda in the company.
Awaze is looking for a Product Designer, who will work on the Home Owner side of the business for all brands across Awaze in Europe, with the target group of private properties and park owners, who have interest in renting their properties out. You will be working on overhauling their owner facing websites and app, and become part of a product-driven environment. You will have an owner facing design role, operating with 3 products, where you will have switching focus between the main owner platform and owner app.
The teams main current project is the Owner portal consolidation, putting the two sides together and blending features for the audience. Awaze currently has a complex design system for all brands, that they are working on optimizing in a new design system, to support this consolidation & transition.
Of course, it goes without saying that you will be responsible for everything from wireframing to prototyping, to delivering significant design updates and incremental experiments. We are not just looking for someone to sit behind the scenes, but someone who is comfortable being involved in user research and usability testing sessions too. Awaze wants collaborators who can help to nurture a culture of great UX, innovation and teamwork. You’ll also be supporting design of the culture of their new product environment.
You will be become a member of Awaze’s International Product Design team, that currently has 9 employees, where you will have around 100 stakeholders across the organization, with reference to Head of Design, working closely with 3 senior Product Designers, Product company writer, Product manager, Art Director, Engineers, Developers and soon a new User researcher. They have a strong design team and squad tribes system. The area is combined of two separate teams and business angles, which are being consolidated now.
You will be joining a passionate team, so it is key that you are enthusiastic, driven and keen to work effectively as part of a squad.
- You have 2-5 years experience within digital product design and e-commerce, favorably gained from in-house e-commerce.
- You have experience with UX, research and creating UI designs
- You have an interest in working on the B2B side of the business
- Experience across mobile, tablet and desktop
- Holistic product design experience, talking to engineers, roadmaps, deciding when to deliver.
- Understanding of Acquisition; how SEO/PPC drives traffic and increases conversion
- From wireframing to prototyping, to delivering significant design updates and incremental experiments. Be comfortable working with Figma and ideally have experience of using and managing components with design systems.
- It is not a demand, but advantage with experience from the Travel industry
- Advantage with the ability to inform design choices based on quantitative evidence. Having experience with A/B testing and data from the likes of Google Analytics or Hotjar.
- It is key that you have good communication skills and a genuinely innovative approach to design
- You are naturally inquisitive, with a collaborative spirit for teamwork and sharing of ideas
Why you should join
This is an opportunity for you to join Awaze at a pivotal time where they are investing in their product. You will work will solving problems through longer projects, and not just short projects. You will be supported by team members, who share your passion for great design in an agile environment and you will have the freedom to inform the best way of working to get the job done. Awaze work cross-functionally, so you will be given opportunities to develop skills outside of your core skillset. Moreover, you will be an integral part of a team which makes things easier for their end users. They are investing heavily in their Tech and Product teams and have big plans for the next few years, so progression opportunities are almost certain.
If you want to know more about or apply for the job contact Sandra Barbara Wahl at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +45 30 95 50 57.