Senior Software Product Manager for Capture One
Capture One (part of Phase One A/S) is looking for a Senior Software Product Manager, dedicated to the ongoing
evolution of Capture One’s award-winning imaging software products. A position that will be responsible for securing the
continued growth of Capture One by creating and bringing to market superior high-end photography products and
features that appeal to the world’s most demanding studios and photographers.
About Capture One/Phase One
Established in the early 1990s, Phase One is a true digital photography pioneer with a passionate commitment to image
quality excellence and creative freedom. The company is a world-leading provider of medium format digital photography
systems and imaging solutions for professional photographers and industrial applications.
From this Phase One has developed Capture One, the award-winning professional choice in image editing software. The
software offers fast and powerful RAW conversion, image editing and asset management. Capture One is the nocompromise
choice in image editing software. Capture One’s offices are located in Copenhagen, Denmark, where they
embrace the high demand of Scandinavian design excellence. They are dedicated to deliver the best image quality and
user experience, and through their commitment to serve and support worldwide customers, they now have offices in
New York, Tokyo, Cologne, Shanghai and Tel Aviv, as well as expert teams of global partners.
They aim to deliver nothing less than the best solutions and products for all their customers, and to give them an
extraordinary experience with Phase One/Capture One. To strengthen Capture One’s development and positive
momentum within the industry, they are now looking for an ambitious Senior Software Product Manager secure their
As Senior Software Product Manager for Capture One, the job areas will span from identification of market opportunities
and portfolio gaps and translating these into value propositions and product concepts. You will be a part of a crossfunctional
matrix team, combing product, technical and market knowledge with commercial insight. This includes
ensuring that solution approaches are developed from the right market and customer insights, and also making sure that
concepts are defined based on a clear understanding of the technical requirements.
You will be responsible for the business to business product lines: Capture One Studio, Capture One SDK, Capture One
Plug-in SDK through your close continued dialogue with Head of Software Product Management, internal stakeholders,
technology partners, e-commerce studio managers and photographers. Furthermore, you will be working with clients
such as: Amazon, Asos, Bestseller, Lego, Zalando, NET-A-PORTER, Boozt.com, H&M and many other strong brands.
Work tasks will also include:
- Provide direction for Capture One Studio and the Capture One SDKs and APIs
- Do customer discovery – you know how to listen and exhibit deep empathy to customers. You excel at problem
interviews and seeking out the underlying why behind each observation or data point
- Strengthen and maintain your relationship with stakeholders, technology partners, studio managers and
photographers for the advancement of the B2B product lines
- Maximize the revenue and margin for B2B product lines
- Maximize the business of Open APIs and SDKs and secure they are “valuable”, “useable” and “feasible”.
- In collaboration with Head of Software Product Management develop and implement the vision and strategy for
the B2B product lines
- Capture insights and pain-points. Mature and prioritize ideas and turn them into clear concepts, user stories
and commercial opportunities
- Partner with R&D teams and product owners to scope out features and ensure that product needs are
managed effectively through the delivery phases with the right commercial priorities
- Communicate about new releases and changes to relevant business functions such as marketing, R&D,
- Monitor and document the competitor’s position and rank in the market
- Monitor and document new market and technology trends
- Travel to related events, tech partners as appropriate
As the new Senior Software Product Manager for Capture One, you have both a commercial and technical oriented
mind- and skill-set and come with at least 5-7 years of experience from another relevant commercial oriented product
development role. Furthermore, it is expected that you as minimum, holds a commercial or technical bachelor’s degree
or similar. Preferably business or computer science related.
You will succeed in this field if you can strengthen and maintain the relationships with your stakeholders, motivate the
Phase One R&D teams and stay focused on your goal — that is to bring the Capture One B2B product lines you are
representing into the highest place in the market.
You are comfortable interacting with customers such as 3rd party software developers and managers as well as ecommerce
studio managers, IT managers, DigiTechs and photographers, which requires a strong belief in own
capabilities but also the ability to show respect and balance expectations with all parties. There will also be a lot of
sparring with management, R&D management and the Product team about product strategy and product execution, as
you will be involved on the strategic level through Head of Software Product Management – and must be ready to
execute with a hands-on approach on the tactical and operational level.
You are a self-driven person who is organized, can work under pressure, has very good technical, analytical and
communication skills, experience and understanding of the business of Open APIs and SDKs, being a Senior Software
Product Manager at Capture One will be the right occupation.
- Product Management best practices – you are familiar with strategic and prioritization frameworks, metrics, goto-
market tactics, and pricing approaches
- Leadership - You lead by example and help others grow. You inspire and bring out the best in others.
- You can demonstrate at least 6 years of professional experience in product management role, of which three
years have been spent working with the business of Open APIs or SKDs
- You can listen to and empathize with 3rd party developers implementing our API and SDK and identify painpoints
- Have the courage to speak your mind with the ability to convince and motivate the people around you
- Ability to understand and channel multiple points of view across many different functions and roles. You think
holistically and empathize well, while retaining a clear sense of own opinions and objectives
- At home with keeping an eye on the competitive landscape and analyzing the market mechanisms as well as
following market trends
- Preferably a personal interest in photography
- Strong public speaker
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Anne-Sofie Majlund at tel. +45 2859 9878 or